Before & After Landscaping Project
Selinger Cres – Regina, SK
This busy family wanted a yard that they could play with their kids in, enjoy the park views from their firepit area and have an entertaining space that would allow them to host the whole hockey team for a BBQ.
- Create a large deck for entertaining
- Add a basketball court to the unused side yard
- Create a firepit area with built-in seating
- Add low-maintenance plantings to soften the space and add colour
- Keep the kids play structure, but ensure that it isn’t a focal point
- Include a water feature, if possible
- Add some interest to the front yard with plantings and raised planter
- Add a sidewalk from front to backyard that will look okay with existing concrete driveway
With some great collaboration amongst designers, contractors and the homeowners, I would say we have accomplished their objectives! And, what better way to get the kids outside than playing basketball on your own court!